Re: [O] first #+LATEX_HEADER: in SETUPFILE not correctly exported and ca

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] first #+LATEX_HEADER: in SETUPFILE not correctly exported and causes Missing \begin{document} error
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:15:23 -0400

Eric,

On 03/26/2016 08:51 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
On Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 07:52, Charles Millar wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the correction. I escaped the \foo otherwise I had a
spurious "oobar" at the beginning of the exported document so that my
latex class has

\newcommand{\\foo}{bar}

I suspect that this problem may be file specific. I exported another
file, using the same SETUPFILE and had no problems
It may have "worked" but the odds are that you were simply
lucky.  \newcommand expects two {} arguments, the first being the name
of the command and the second the actual sequence to execute.
I was not clear - I ran the exports after I made the correction to "mysetup", i.e. \newcommand{\\foo}{bar}

One file or document exported as I expected; the other file or document did not, i.e. still had the extra first page and Missing \begin{document} error.
Both documents use a SETUPFILE with identical series of #+LATEX_HEADER:

I do agree that the one file that exports as desired must be a result of luck. I compared the output.tex file for each document. In each the first \usepackage{foo} which is inserted from the SETUPFILE is indented several tabs or spaces to the right and not aligned to the left margin.

Moving that one line to the left margin using e.g. TeXstudo fixes the problem.

BTW, I also changed the first #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{foo} line is SETUPFILE to other entries and the same problem, so I don't believe that the problem is LaTeX specific. (I also used #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA)

What is causing the first LATEX_HEADER: to indent and therefore causing a blank page and missing \begin{document} error?

Charlie