Re: [O] first #+LATEX_HEADER: in SETUPFILE not correctly exported and ca

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] first #+LATEX_HEADER: in SETUPFILE not correctly exported and causes Missing \begin{document} error
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:54:25 -0400

On 03/26/2016 01:14 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
On Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 10:15, Charles Millar wrote:

[...]

I was not clear - I ran the exports after I made the correction to
"mysetup", i.e. \newcommand{\\foo}{bar}
but I am confused: why the \\ for foo but \ for newcommand?  What is the
actual result in the output.tex file?

I do agree that the one file that exports as desired must be a result
of luck. I compared the output.tex file for each document. In each the
first \usepackage{foo} which is inserted from the SETUPFILE is
indented several tabs or spaces to the right and not aligned to the
left margin.
The indentation or not itself is not the issue but only a symptom of an
error before that line, in my opinion.
As we agreed my first successful export was lucky, so I revised that file template from which I was exporting - the extra first page and the missing\begin{document} do not seem to be a problem now.

However, the LATEX_HEADER: still is placed several spaces to the left,

first few lines from the file.tex

% Created 2016-03-28 Mon 10:41
% Intended LaTeX compiler: pdflatex
\documentclass[fontsize=11pt,letterpaper,twoside=false]{scrartcl}
\usepackage{verbatim}
% \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
% \usepackage{charter,parskip,setspace,layout}
\usepackage{charter,setspace,layout}
\usepackage{array,graphicx}
\usepackage{tabularx,tabulary}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{numprint}
\npstyleenglish
\usepackage[at]{easylist}
\usepackage{csquotes}
%\usepackage[letterpaper,margin=1.00in]{geometry}
\usepackage[letterpaper,left=1.00in,right=1.00in,top=1.00in,bottom=1.00in]{geometry}
% \usepackage[top=1.0in,bottom=0.4in,left=1.2in,nohead]{geometry}
%\pagestyle{empty}
\pagenumbering{arabic}
%\newcommand{\foo}{bar}
                            \usepackage{lastpage}
\usepackage{scrpage2}
\pagestyle{scrheadings}
\setkomafont{pagefoot}{\normalfont\rmfamily}

I have also placed the LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{lastline} directly in the file to be exported, i.e. not relying on a SETUPFILE: and the \usepackage, etc. is also placed to the left. Perhaps this is a bug or is it expected?

Anyway, thanks Eric for your comments and to everyone else who has read this thread.

Charlie Millar