Re: [O] ob-clojure: possible to display results as soon as something is

From: Frederick Giasson
Subject: Re: [O] ob-clojure: possible to display results as soon as something is written to STDOUT?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:07:48 -0400

Hi John!

Interesting approach :)

I am really new with org-mode, but I will try to adapt for ob-clojure.el.

One question: this function "org-babel-async-execute:python", where should I register it? I guess it should replace "org-babel-execute:python"?

Thanks for this precision will work on that once I know how to plug that into org-mode to start testing the code I will adapt.

Thanks,

Fred

This might not be totally true.

In this post I use a few different asynchronous approaches to running
Python that do something like what you want, perhaps especially the last
bit of the post.

http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/11/20/Asynchronously-running-python-blocks-in-org-mode/

Maybe you could adapt it for clojure.

Frederick Giasson writes:

Hi Eric,

Note: I am not sure if this is something related to Org-mode, or
ob-clojure or Cider.
None of these directly.  It's Emacs, basically: it has very minimal
support for threading so the whole process (Emacs) is waiting for the
sub-process (Clojure) to finish before doing anything else.

Ok good, thanks for confirming!

Take care,

Fred

--