Re: [O] orgmode and a database

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode and a database
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 07:41:13 -0400

Hi,

On 04/05/2016 06:43 AM, Colin Baxter wrote:
Hello

I am looking for a sort of database I could use with orgmode. Anybody
has a suggestion? What's about recutils?

thanks

Uwe Brauer
I've just installed recutils from source. If you do the same then be
aware that as well as the usual linux packages, you will also need
"check", "uuid-dev" and "bash-builtins" for a successful build. Perhaps
its obvious that they would be required, but its certainly not
documented - at least as far as I could discover. Sorry that this was
perhaps off-topic, but it might be useful for others.

Colin.
What flavor or OS are you using? I had a Debian Jessie desktop (recently relegated to the junk heap; it was a reclaimed from a 2000 - 2001 machine which originally came with WindowsXT) and a LMDE2 laptop (still in use and which I believe is based on Jessie) both of which came with recutils-1.6, so last year installed 1.7 from source on both. As I recall I had no problems. Perhaps I loaded the packages you mentioned at earlier time.

Charlie Millar