Re: [O] Beamer presantation, Abstract and Article in same document - how

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer presantation, Abstract and Article in same document - how to structure and how to export?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:27:12 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I would like to have one document containing
>>
>> 1) abstract for
>> 2) a presentation and
>> 3) a resulting paper
>>
>> My question is: how can I structure this an how can I handle the export?
>>
>> Obviously under different top level headers:
>>
>> * Abstract
>> #+begin_abstract
>> Needs top be written
>> #+end_abstract
>>
>> * Presentation
>> ** Title
>> *** first slide
>> * Paper
>> ** Abstract
>> How can I refer to the abstract above?
>> ** ...
>
> While you may not necessarily *need* beamerarticle, you might still find
> it enlightening.  See section 21.2 in the beamer manual.
>
> Example:
>
> #+title: beamer example with text not shown
>
> #+latex_class_options: [ignorenonframetext]
> * h1
> text that is not part of any slide
> ** my first slide
> - a
> - b
>
> Another companion is #+include which you can use to extract named element
> from one file to the other, e.g. to share tables.

Thanks - both good ideas. I will look into them. I have already put the
[ignorenonframetext] option in.

>> But what about the specific settings? Can I set them per subtree?
>>
>> #+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
>> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [bigger]
>
> Isn't the latex class guess correctly?

I only copied from the work examples - but it is true - I don't need
this - and to leave it out, actually makes life much easier.

>> I could than export each subtree separate?
>
> Should be easy to do with a bit of lisp.

I use emacs, org, ess and gnus , but I never managed to get a real grasp
of elisp.

>> Can I define the name for the exported document per subtree?
>

> http://orgmode.org/org.html#index-property_002c-EXPORT_005fFILE_005fNAME-1651

OK - thanks - found it.

>> How can I switch easily between different settings?
>
> For #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS I'd maybe use a macro.
> I'd also use this for setting export tags, e.g.
>
> #+MACRO: exclude-tags (eval (mapconcat 'identity (list "#+EXCLUDE_TAGS:"
> "noexport" (concat "no" (symbol-name org-export-current-backend))) " "))
>
> You might also find the if clause in this macro interesting:
>
> #+MACRO: abbr (eval (if (org-export-derived-backend-p
> org-export-current-backend 'html) "@@html:<abbr
> title=\"$2\">@@$1@@html:</abbr>@@" "$1"))

Thanks - I will look into this. I used macros already - but this looke=s
very interesting.

Cheers,

Rainer

--