Re: [O] pandoc-style citations

From: Alex Fenton
Subject: Re: [O] pandoc-style citations
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:54:23 +0200

On 27/04/16 21:41, John Kitchin wrote:
you might also checkout helm-bibtex. A recent note indicated "Support
for pre- and postnotes for pandoc-citeproc citations."

Thanks, I already use helm-bibtex together with org-ref so will have a look.
this exports out of the org-ref box to:
blah blah blah \cite[][, p.23]{ref1}, also \cite{ref2}, for a contrary
view see \cite[][ pp148-152]{ref3}.

I don't use this style of citations, so I don't know if it is right.

Not quite unfortunately, this would mean that in the two styles I use, Harvard (common in social science) referencing, the references appear in separate parentheses, or footnote (common in e.g. history) in separate footnotes, when they should be together in a single one. I appreciate that the style in medicine and many natural sciences is often just an author/year abbreviation or number, which works much better plopped into normal running text.

best
alex