Re: [O] Bug: check that org-element--cache-sync-keys is non-nil before c

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: check that org-element--cache-sync-keys is non-nil before clrhash [8.3.4 (8.3.4-42-gae73c7-elpa @ /home/mah/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160425/)]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 22:40:05 +0200

Hello,

"Mark A. Hershberger" <address@hidden> writes:

> It looks like a timer or event is being invoked and that is resulting in
> the error.
>
> If you have any ideas of what I should look for in my configuration, I
> could poke around, but right now I don't know what to even look for.

The following shouldn't happen.

  timer-event-handler([t 0 0 600000 nil org-element--cache-sync (#<buffer
*WoMan 1 wget*>) idle 0])

It means `org-element--cache-set-timer' is called on a non-Org buffer.
Only 3 functions call it:

- `org-element-cache-refresh' :: This function is a no-op if current
  buffer is a non-Org buffer, per `org-element--cache-active-p'.

- `org-element--cache-after-change' :: This is set as an
     `after-change-function' with `org-element-cache-reset'. Again, the
     latter is a no-op if current buffer is non-Org.

- `org-element--cache-sync' :: This one is more complex. It is called by
     `org-element-at-point' but guarded by
     `org-element--cache-active-p'. It is also called by
     `org-element-cache-refresh'. Ditto. Eventually, it is called by
     `org-element--cache-submit-request'. This function is called by
     either `org-element-cache-refresh' or
     `org-element--cache-after-change'. See above.

Long story short. I don't know where that could happen. You could
instrument `org-element--cache-set-timer' so as to ring a bell when it
is called on a non-Org buffer.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou