Re: [O] Bug: org-export-babel-evaluate causes everything to be exported

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-export-babel-evaluate causes everything to be exported [8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-824-ga02fe8)]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 10:29:07 -0700

On Fri, 20 May 2016, Ken Mankoff wrote:

On 2016-05-20 at 07:12, Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2016-05-19 at 23:33, Charles C. Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2016, Ken Mankoff wrote:

(setq org-export-babel-evaluate t)

#+BEGIN_SRC octave :exports results :cache nil
"hello, world"
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: hello, world

Yes, the above appears to work.

Really? I do not see the hash in your results block.

But it doesn't work with sessions. Can you advise what settings to have how I
can have the following code in an Org document:

#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output :exports results :session foo :cache nil
print("hello, world")
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: hello, world

And easily export that document without evaluating the code?

`:cache yes'

Of course, you must eval at least once with `:cache yes' to set the hash.

Chuck

p.s. I like to use stuff like

: import time
: print(time.strftime("%H:%M:%S"))