Re: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 14:46:43 -0400

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2016-05-20 at 13:11, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Friday, 20 May 2016 at 17:06, Ken Mankoff wrote:
>> So, if I understand correctly, you have org-export-babel-evaluate set
>> to nil?
>
> yes.

Are you getting an evaluation on export? I don't get that with o-e-b-e
set to nil.

>> If I set that, I no longer get asked whether I want anything evaluated
>> but the (existing) results do get exported. I just tried it to
>> confirm.
>
> Yes results get exported, but so does code. Both, always, even if ":exports
> none" or ":exports results".

With ":exports results" and o-e-b-e set to nil, I get no evaluation on
export, but I get both code and results in the output.

> There may have been a misunderstanding, but when I mentioned this in
> the bug report, I was told this is a "feature".
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/107230/focus=107231

Not sure what exactly Chuck meant is a feature, but IIUC, the fact
that I get both code and results even if I specify ":exports results"
looks like a bug to me.

I'm on more-or-less latest master:
Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-824-ga02fe8 @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)