Re: [O] Org insert different hour than current time

From: Mambo Levis
Subject: Re: [O] Org insert different hour than current time
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 16:08:49 +0000 (UTC)

> Hi,
>
> 1. When I insert date and time format (C-u C-c .) the hour display in emacs
> calendar is the same as my
> system hour. Nonetheless,
> org-mode insert a different hour (it adds automatically 3 hours)

FWIW, everything is working fine here.

But I don't understand what "the hour display in emacs calendar" means,
or what your "system hour" is. Can you specify *exactly* what you do?

> 2. I make tests with different time zones and the same problem appeared.
>
> 3. When the time zone is UTC, there is no problem because org insert the
> system hour.

How do you set the timezone?

--
Nick

Thank you for your answer.
See the following test:
1) When I C-u C-c . to insert Date and Time format, the following option is shown:
Inline image

I press RET and the following Date+time is inserted:
<2016-05-22 So 20:50>
As you see, the inserted time is different.
But if I call the agenda the current time is shown properly:
Inline image

2) When I change the timezone to UTC in my computer (not in emacs) there is no problem to insert
a Date+time. However, it is not a solution because it changes emacs clock, agenda, ... etc. I made that change just
for testing purposes.

Regards,
Levis