Re: [O] History list for %^{...} in capture

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] History list for %^{...} in capture
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 16:55:42 +0100

Hi Phil,

2016ko maiatzak 20an, Phil Hudson-ek idatzi zuen:

> Arising from a discussion here a couple of weeks ago, I'm thinking about
> how best to add a history list to org-capture's current
> %^{prompt|default|choice2|...|choiceN} escape syntax. Here's my thinking
> so far.

[...]

> WDYT? Good idea? Too complex? Too "busy"? Useful? Not useful?

IMO, it’s very busy, and for a scenario that’s likely to be of use in
only a small number of circumstances.  I think it would be better to
just use a %(...) construct to call an elisp function which does the
completion exactly as you desire for your own usecase.

--
Aaron Ecay