Re: [O] g [ANN] Remove XEmacs compatibility layer

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] g [ANN] Remove XEmacs compatibility layer
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 22:00:39 +0200

> I finally did the grunt job and removed all XEmacs compatibility in the
> code base (development branch).
>
> On the Emacs side, the following functions are now considered obsolete
> and may trigger innocuous compilation warnings:
>
> - `org-add-hook',
> - `org-decompose-region',
> - `org-detach-overlay',
> - `org-file-equal-p',
> - `org-float-time',
> - `org-indent-line-to',
> - `org-indent-to-column',
> - `org-looking-at-p',
> - `org-looking-back',
> - `org-match-string-no-properties',
> - `org-propertize',
> - `org-re',
> - `org-select-frame-set-input-focus'
>
> The next step is to remove compatibility code for Emacsen older than
> 24.3 release, if anyone feels like spending some time on it during
> a rainy day.

Nice!

There seems to be a lot of clutter in the font code as well, also to befit
quite dated versions of Emacs.

I have started cleaning it up as well, but let’s see if it matures enough.
The goal is to make every face :inherit something else and to have common
faces for all headline elements etc.

Rasmus

--
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi che leggete questo.