[O] org-mode 8.3.x directly opens URL/ follows Timestamp, if Return is c

From: Martin Beck
Subject: [O] org-mode 8.3.x directly opens URL/ follows Timestamp, if Return is clicked
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 14:42:35 +0200

I recently upgraded from org-mode 8.2.x to org-mode 8.3.4 and all-in-all, it worked really great without too many side effects.
Thanks to all of you who contributed and made it such a robust upgrade. :-)

However,  there is one change that is annoying for me every time I want to enter a linebreak after a Link, URL or timestamp:

When I move the cursor after a Link, URL or timestamp and hit return, it follows the link and opens the URL or jumps to the date of the timestamp in an agenda view.
I can change that by first entering a space after the link, but I often forget that and it's not a really robust workaround for me.

So I wonder how/when this change happened and if I maybe can get the old behavior back?

I would prefer to only open a link or follow a timestamp with RETURN, if the cursor is IN the link, not directly after it.
Is that possible?

Kind regards

Martin