[O] flycheck orgmode on windows invalid output file name

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: [O] flycheck orgmode on windows invalid output file name
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 12:45:45 +0200

Hi,

Environment:
Windows 10 (Insider preview 14352)
GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2016-03-03

I just installed flycheck-20160604.154/

I read that it does not officially support windows 'although it should
mostly work fine on Windows'

And indeed flycheck works fine when editing .el, .js, .php et al. files.

However, my emacs.el file is generated from an emacs-guivho.org
file. When I issue C-' to edit an elisp code block, flycheck barks at
me:

Error while checking syntax automatically: (file-error "Opening output file"
"Invalid argument" "c:/Users/guivh/emacs-guivho/.flycheck_emacs-guivho.org[*Org
Src emacs-guivho.org[ emacs-lisp ]*]")

I checked the windows only issues but did not see something similar.

Apparently flycheck has a problem with the fact that the buffer does not
correspond to a physical file.

I hope there is a known or suggested workaround...

TIA,

--
Guido

If you try to please everyone, somebody is not going to like it.