[O] Blank lines in LaTeX output due to org-mode comments

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: [O] Blank lines in LaTeX output due to org-mode comments
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:06:25 -0400

Assume we have the following sample org-mode document:

* Test Heading
test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test
# HERE IS A COMMENT
TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST
TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST
TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST

I would assume that in org-mode the comment line would be completely
ignored when exporting the document, however this seems not to be the
case -- notice the difference when exporting the following to LaTeX:

* Test Heading
test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test
test test test test test test test
TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST
TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST
TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST

In the first example, there is a blank line inserted at the location
of the comment, and in the second example, obviously there is not a
blank line at this location.  Let me know if there's a way to make it
so that org-mode doesn't insert the blank line.  Thanks!