Re: [O] Org capture + datetree + language specification

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Org capture + datetree + language specification
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 16:10:47 -0400

Dominik Schrempf <address@hidden> writes:

> usually, my Org mode documents are in English.  However, now I need to
> create an Org document in German.  I would like to use Org Capture, to
> create a date tree in German (but only for this document).  Is there a
> way to specify this?

I don't know of any way to do that with a single emacs session. OTOH, if
you are willing to use a different emacs for the German document, then
starting  a new emacs with

$ LANG=de_DE.utf8 emacs

and adding some calendar customizations to your init file (see
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CalendarLocalization#toc10 for details)
should be enough. The agenda uses calendar functions to display dates
(hence the need for calendar customization), but org-datetree uses
format-time-string which (AFAICT) requires the different locale.

--
Nick