Re: [O] Importing ODT/libreoffice into Org

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] Importing ODT/libreoffice into Org
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 19:53:26 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen writes:

> I just had to convert a 200+ page document to Org by hand: searching
> for italics worked, but not replace.

Looks like pandoc is the way to go, I'll have to try it.

Still, Search/Replace for italics in LibreOffice ought to work. Try this
recipe:

1) Edit -> Find / Replace -> More options: check the box for "regular
   expressions".
2) On "Search for", type "(.*)" (without the quotes, with the parens).
3) With the cursor still on the "Search for" box, click on "Format" and
   select "Italics".
4) As a replacement, type: "/$1/" (for Org).
5) Replace all.

Annoyingly, there seems to be no way to write a macro for this in
LibreOffice, as formating attributes on search/replace isn't part of the
API. (If anyone has information to the contrary, please let me know.)

Yours,
Christian