Re: [O] two basic elisp questions

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] two basic elisp questions
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:13:06 -0400

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:

(2) Is it possible to set the default value for interactive file selection to something OTHER than the currect directory of the current buffer? Something like:

(let
  ((base-dir "./Assignment1/"))
  (org-attach--attach))

I'd like to set different base directories when attaching files to subtrees of different first-level trees in a buffer. I guess I would set the value for the base directory with a property.

OK, I made some progress on this:

(let ((default-directory  (concat default-directory "Assignment1/") )) (call-interactively 'org-attach-attach))

However, I'd like to do something like:

(let
    ((parent-basedir nil))
  (save-excursion
    (outline-up-heading)
    (setq parent-basedir (org-get-entry "BASEDIR")))
  (let
      ((default-directory (concat default-directory parent-basedir) ))
    (call-interactively 'org-attach-attach  )))

But there are errors I don't understand in this code. Any hints? Thanks again!