Re: [O] Babel CALL no longer produces HTML output

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Babel CALL no longer produces HTML output
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 09:10:22 -0700

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016, Jarmo Hurri wrote:

Greetings.

The Org example below used to work correctly when exported as HTML until
I pulled a newer version of Org from git. I am first going to include
the example here, and then explain the reasoning behind its structure.

Commit dbb375f mades changes to the babel call handling.

IIUC, one result is that header args in the src block being called take precedence over default header args. More below.

* Example

 This call here produced HTML output when exported as HTML until the
 newer versions of Org. Now it produces no HTML output whatsoever.

 #+CALL: rekursio-pystyviivat[:noweb yes]() :results html

Try this:

#+CALL: rekursio-pystyviivat[:noweb yes :exports results]() :results html

 The following code blocks still work as expected.

[snip]

Since you have `:exports code' here, that prevents the evaluation of the babel call above:

 #+NAME: rekursio-pystyviivat
 #+BEGIN_SRC processing :exports code :noweb no
   void piirraPystyviivat (int viivoja, float x, float korkeus)
   {
     <<rekursio-pystyviivat-runko>>
   }

   void setup ()
   {
     size (600, 400);
     noLoop ();
   }

   void draw ()
   {
     piirraPystyviivat (50, 10, 350);
   }
 #+END_SRC

I am not sure I find this new behavior to be an improvement.

Chuck