Re: [O] [ANN] thi.ng/org-spec template for tech specs & HTML export them

From: Karsten Schmidt
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] thi.ng/org-spec template for tech specs & HTML export theme
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 12:00:23 +0100

Thanks Kaushal! :)

I also think that we generally need more examples showing how flexible
& powerful org-mode is for these use cases. The majority raves about
Markdown, but for me it just lacks a ton of features I've become so
accustomed to w/ org-mode, especially when it comes to writing and
managing larger docs (i.e. the latest tech spec I've been working on
is 9000+ words) and dozens of diagrams (all text based!)

Re: PDF export - for me going the route via HTML is just easier & more
time saving (can control important print features via a few lines of
CSS). Plus I don't need to install 2.5GB of MacTex :) Also, the
generated PDF looks same as HTML, has hyperlinks etc. Haven't tried w/
MathJax yet, though...

Expect a few more updates over the coming weeks:
- move to SASS for style sheets, for easier re-skinning via variables
- improve TOC
- add back-to-top links
- add more diagram examples (incl. data extraction from tables)
- add optional support for highlight.js

Cheers!

--
Karsten Schmidt