[O] seeking good practices for writing about org using org

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: [O] seeking good practices for writing about org using org
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 23:50:45 +0000

Hi,

I am seeking good practices for writing about org using , erhm, well, org
itself.  (doh!)

I'd use these practices, for example, when writing examples of using org, or
lessons in using org, or bug reports about org.

I reached of ob-org thinking this is what it was for, and wrote the following

--------------------------------------- (beginning of example)
Here is simple org book structure with chapters and a table of
contents at the end:

#+BEGIN_SRC org :exports both :results value

* chapter one

Fa la la

* chapter two

La di di

* table of contents

#+TOC:

#+END_SRC

My dashed expectations were that when executed and exported, this would produce
a block of the org source, appropriately quoted, followed be the RESULTS,
being, well, the rendered org.

Are your expectations the same as mine?

What do YOU do in such cases?

Are there good practices for this?

Am I off by a level in my meta-thinking?

Thanks!

Malcolm Cook - Kansas City