Re: [O] New package: ox-minutes [Please critique]

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] New package: ox-minutes [Please critique]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:29:11 +0000

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:16 PM Oleh Krehel <address@hidden> wrote:
Congrats on your first package! It will surely come in handy when
interacting with my less Emacs-enlightened colleagues. I recall one of
them writing very similar-looking notes in Microsoft Outlook. One or two
times I had to send them some notes, I actually did by hand the
transformation that `ox-minutes' now does.

Yeah, I had to do that so many times by hand and I kept on thinking that 'some day' I will fix this.

The coding looks fine. Just a suggestion: I think "\n" looks better than
a literal string newline.

Strange, I assure you that I already tried that and it did not work. But it DOES work. So that regexp probably had a lot of non-working components earlier. I will fix this; I anyways did not like the literal newline :)

It would be cool to have a regression test with:

    ./ox-minutes/ox-minutes-test.el
    ./ox-minutes/test_input.org
    ./ox-minutes/test_output.txt

Both test_input.org and test_output.txt could be moved from README.md.

Good point. Learning to use ert is on my 'some day' list. I will eventually get to it.

Thanks for the feedback!
--

Kaushal Modi