[O] Org links, URLs and HTML export

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: [O] Org links, URLs and HTML export
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:28:45 +0200

Hi,

I'm puzzled by the following.
I write a couple of Org file with HTML export in mind, building a site with several pages, say:
foo.org -> foo.html
bar.org -> bar.html
I want to insert a link in foo.org that will point to bar.html when exported.

I can insert : [[http:bar.html]]
However, I would like to be able to insert any kind of relative url.
Specifically, there is no mean to insert something
like : [[http:/bar.html]] which is exported to <a href="">
The corresponding export should be <a href="">

Strangely, some browsers grok the former (Chrome), but not all of them (Safari).
Anyway, only the later is correct.

Is there any way to fix exporting relative urls?

If I'm wrong somewhere, please correct me.

Best regards,

Fabrice