Re: [O] Emacs+org on Windows 7 pro

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs+org on Windows 7 pro
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 11:21:52 +0200

On Tuesday, 23 Aug 2016 at 01:34, Grant Rettke wrote:
> I found Cygwin to make things more difficult for Emacs so I installed
> the plain old Windows Emacs and did the following:
>
> https://github.com/grettke/help/blob/master/help.md#windows

Thanks.  I'll check this out.

If I ever have to use a Windows system at all, I want bash & emacs and
cygwin makes it very easy (for me).

I always found Cygwin to be a PIA when working under  Windows.
I vastly prefer to use msys2+mingw64. Emacs 25 compiles out of the box
as a native w64 app and you get bash + all the tools you may want.
My $0.02

Fabrice