Re: [O] Bug: spurious newline after comment [8.3.5 (release_8.3.5-1087-g

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: spurious newline after comment [8.3.5 (release_8.3.5-1087-g6b52bc @ /Users/maarhart/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 16:31:48 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden (Martín Hartmann) writes:

> Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
> what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See
>
>      http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback
>
> Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.
>
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this was reported before because I don't follow this list:
>
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/22574/orgmode-export-how-to-prevent-a-new-line-for-comment-lines
>
> I have tried it in both the bleeding edge version and in the version
> that comes by default in emacs (is it 8.2.10?). This seems to be a bug
> in 8.3.5 because this does not occur in 8.2.10.

This is a feature.

Comments (starting with "# ") are not inline, so they really break
paragraphs. The purpose of this blank line is to also break paragraphs
in the export output.

Note that you can
- use somewhat inline comments with @@comment:...@@ syntax
- remove commented lines the way you like using a hook:
  `org-export-before-processing-hook'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou