[O] Time clocking problem

From: Louis Turk
Subject: [O] Time clocking problem
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 10:27:18 +0800

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to learn how to time my work using this setup:

http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html

It is my understanding that:

1. When I punch in each morning using <F9> I the cursor can be anywhere
in any file, and this will start the clock in the * Organization task.

2. I can then go to a todo item and clock in to it, also using <F9> I,
and the clock will automatically stop on the *Organization task, and
start on the todo item.

3. When I clock out of the todo item, the clock should automatically
start again in the *Organization task.

1 and 3 do not work for me. I have to place the cursor on the
*Organization task to start timing it. And when I clock out of a todo
item, the *Organization task is not automatically clocked in.

Am I misunderstanding something? I want to keep track of all my work
time. Do I have to do it all manually?

Also, how can I be sure that org-id is working properly?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Louis