[O] Something to watch out for when including files

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] Something to watch out for when including files
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 16:21:19 +0100

Hello all,

just wanted to help others avoid spending a long time trying to figure
out some strange (well, unexpected) behaviour in org...

I have a document for which the LaTeX export was ignoring a
#+begin_abstract ... #+end_abstract construct near the start of the
document.  The text was simply not appearing in the LaTeX file.

Long story short: I had a #+include: directive as the first line of the
file which included an org file called preamble.org.  In that preamble
file, the last headline had the tag :noexport:.  It would seem that this
tag is not processed until after the include file has been included.  I
hope that makes sense.  In any case, this means that my abstract was
considered to be part of the noexport headline and was therefore not
exported.

Took me a very long time to figure out...  the simple solution was to
remove that noexport section entirely from the preamble file.

I do wonder whether the org export approach (i.e. how it "includes"
files) is correct but I can understand why the implementation is the way
it is.

Thanks for listening!

eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.1.50.1, Org release_8.3.6-1149-g582233