Re: [O] Something to watch out for when including files

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Something to watch out for when including files
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:53:22 +0100

On Wednesday, 21 Sep 2016 at 15:22, Giacomo M wrote:
> Lately I like to have headlines for all the logical parts of the
> document, so also an "Abstract" headline with the abstract block inside.
> Then I use the tag "ignore" and the org export extra "ignore-headlines"
> (activated e.g. via "(ox-extras-activate '(ignore-headlines))" if you
> use org-plus-contrib) to avoid exporting the headlines themselves. This
> should also avoid the inheritance of tags in the last headline of the
> include. Not vanilla org, but I find it handy.

This is basically what I do.  I even have (ignored) headlines that have
a content that is simply a @@latex:\newpage@@ directive!

The problem is that if you have a headline that is ignored, the text
that follows essentially belongs to the previous non-ignored
headline.  If that previous headline has been commented out or has been
marked as not to be exported, the text after the ignored headline is
also therefore ignored when it comes to export.

Ignoring headlines is very fragile in the same way as described in my
original post.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.90.1, Org release_8.3.3-535-g7213aa