Re: [O] [org-src, patch] colored source blocks

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [org-src, patch] colored source blocks
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 09:21:33 +0200

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the feedback.

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> The patch in general LGTM.  One comment/question, though:
>
> 2016ko irailak 21an, Rasmus-ek idatzi zuen:
>
> [...]
>

>> +(defcustom org-src-block-faces nil
>> +  "Alist of faces to be used for source-block.
>> +Each element is a cell of the format
>> +
>> +     (\"language\" FACE-OR-BACKGROUND)
>> +
>> +Where FACE-OR-BACKGROUND is either a face, an anonymous face, or
>> +a string corresponding to a background color.
>
> Why do you support a background color string here?

Over-engineering?

> I think that it’s easy to specify faces which consist of a background
> color only both in lisp [(:background "XXX") vs. "XXX"] and via the
> customize interface.  So this flexibility seems to just introduce
> additional complications for virtually no benefit in usability.  But
> maybe I’m missing something...?

The "only" reason was that I imagine that some might prefer not to get
into anonymous faces.  But then, there’s an example right there in the
docstring so maybe it’s assuming too little of our friends...

I’ll remove -OR-BACKGROUND and push.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put