Re: [O] Bug with behavior of point in cycle commands?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug with behavior of point in cycle commands?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 00:38:44 +0200

Hello,

Adam Porter <address@hidden> writes:

> I came across this discussion today:
>
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/27210/how-to-prevent-org-global-cycle-glitch
>
> It seems like a bug to me, because the visual position of the point does
> not match its actual position.  Shouldn't the cycle commands adjust the
> point to match where it appears after cycling?

`org-cycle' is about visibility, it is not supposed to move point. E.g.,
You may want to have an overview of the document an get back to where
you were editing text.

Cycling visibility back to original state is not configurable, though.
It calls `org-show-entry'. We could use `org-show-set-visibility'
instead, with the `default' context.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou