Re: [O] Making DocBook xml books from org mode?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Making DocBook xml books from org mode?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:44:09 -0400

To follow up ...

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 06:17 PM, Peter Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 03:23 PM, Joost Kremers wrote:
> >
> > Pandoc can convert to Docbook, so that might be an option. Note that
> > Pandoc also converts *from* Org, (although it cannot handle all of Org's
> > capabilities), so depending on your needs, that might be a way to go
> > directly from Org to Docbook.
> >

> Thank you. I did succeed in exporting from org to texi, and then
> makeinfo'ing that into a DocBook xml, though a bit of hand editing was
> necessary.

I did manage to get this working. I found I had to export to Pandoc
instead of running pandoc from a command line with the org file as
input. Otherwise, the embedded dot code I used would not link to an
image, but simply contain the dot code as source.

Unfortunately, in trying to export to a file, I'm getting

Unable to resolve link "www.gimp.org/downloads"

I don't know where this is coming from, or how to fix it.

Finally, the 'Export with Pandoc' menu item only gives me two choices:
  [P] Markdown to buffer
  [p] To file

I assume it's just generating Markdown, which would then have to be
converted to docbook or whatever in a separate step. Any way to export
to docbook directly, using Pandoc implicitly?

Thanks!
-pd

--
  Peter Davis