Re: [O] Making DocBook xml books from org mode?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Making DocBook xml books from org mode?
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 17:23:56 -0400

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> To follow up ...
>
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 06:17 PM, Peter Davis wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 03:23 PM, Joost Kremers wrote:
>> >
>> > Pandoc can convert to Docbook, so that might be an option. Note that
>> > Pandoc also converts *from* Org, (although it cannot handle all of Org's
>> > capabilities), so depending on your needs, that might be a way to go
>> > directly from Org to Docbook.
>> >

>> Thank you. I did succeed in exporting from org to texi, and then
>> makeinfo'ing that into a DocBook xml, though a bit of hand editing was
>> necessary.
>>

> I did manage to get this working. I found I had to export to Pandoc
> instead of running pandoc from a command line with the org file as
> input. Otherwise, the embedded dot code I used would not link to an
> image, but simply contain the dot code as source.
>
> Unfortunately, in trying to export to a file, I'm getting
>
> Unable to resolve link "www.gimp.org/downloads"
>
> I don't know where this is coming from, or how to fix it.
>
> Finally, the 'Export with Pandoc' menu item only gives me two choices:
>   [P] Markdown to buffer
>   [p] To file
>
> I assume it's just generating Markdown, which would then have to be
> converted to docbook or whatever in a separate step. Any way to export
> to docbook directly, using Pandoc implicitly?

I'm trying this again, on a Mac instead of Windows. I managed to get
ox-pandoc working. (It now displays an org export menu too big to fit on
my screen, and I can't figure out how to scroll it.)

When I try to export to docbook via pandoc (C-c C-e p d), I get

Running pandoc with args: (-f org -t docbook5 -o
/Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/HMH/my_file.dbk --parse-raw --mathjax --standalone
/Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/HMH/my_file.tmp3362h9T.org)
Error occured.
pandoc: Unknown writer: docbook5

Any guesses? Is there something additional I need to install in pandoc?

Thanks!

-pd