Re: [O] Misc. questions

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Misc. questions
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 14:57:53 -0500

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
> I apologize in advance for the flood of questions, but I'm using org in
> new ways now for creating documentation, and running into a lot of
> issues.
>
> 1) Is there a way to automatically say "yes" to all the "Evaluate code
> block...?" questions when I export, so I don't have to keep typing "yes"
> over and over again?

I googled "stop orgmode babel having to confirm" and got these:
-
http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/23946/how-can-i-stop-the-confirmation-to-evaluate-source-code-when-exporting-to-html
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29952543/how-do-i-prevent-org-mode-from-executing-all-of-the-babel-source-blocks

Both refer to babel variables you can set.[1] You can put them in a
single file (at the very top):

# -*- org-confirm-babel-evaluate: nil; -*-

Or add this to .emacs

(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)

Or use #+bind[2] within a file (similar to the first local variable example).

> 2) How does the export menu get set? I'm loading, for example,
> ox-texinfo, but I don't see the option to export texinfo when I type C-c
> C-e.  I'm also loading ox-pandoc, which shows me a slew of export
> formats on my Mac, but only two, file and buffer, on my Win10 machine.

Guessing it's something on your side? Having never used it, I just added:

(require 'ox-texinfo)

I get an [i] option after C-e with various "Export to texinfo" options.

> 3) Still trying to find a way to get to DocBook XML (4, it turns out). I
> know the export page says to output texi (see #2 above) and then convert
> with makeinfo, but I have my doubts.  Of course, once I get texi working
> I'll be able to see for myself what information, if any, is lost.

No experience, so can't speak to this.

> 4) Is json a valid language for #+BEGIN_SRC? I don't see any syntax
> highlighting in HTML or LaTeX/PDF output, and I'm getting errors from
> LaTeX:
>
> ! Package Listings Error: language json undefined.
>
> Come to think of it, I think the org-mode doc lists both JavaScript (js)
> and JSON (json) as supported languages for code blocks, but the Listings
> LaTeX package doesn't list either of these.

Not sure where that was. I use this page as my reference and don't see
it (but do see js):
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html

> Thanks!
> -pd

Hope that helps,
John

[1] the manual where these are mentioned:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Code-evaluation-security.html
[2] http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html