Re: [O] [BUG] TRAMP error in PDF export

From: Philip Hudson
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] TRAMP error in PDF export
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 19:14:28 +0100

On 7 October 2016 at 14:31, Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> wrote:

> Org isn’t currently set up to handle compiling Latex documents on a
> remote machine.  I suppose the relevant function should detect such an
> attempt, and immediately error out.  Over the longer term, remote
> compilation support could be added.

Thanks for confirming that, Aaron.

I agree that erroring out is the best short-term fix.

Longer term, is remote compilation necessarily the right thing to do?
We could instead (or also?) support local compilation. I see minuses
both ways. Maybe the right thing would be to offer a config option.
WDYT?

--
Phil Hudson                   http://hudson-it.ddns.net
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63