Re: [O] Document of org-map-entries

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Document of org-map-entries
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:57:21 -0400

York Zhao <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you very much Nick.
>
> (info "(org) Using the mapping API") was the first doc I read which has very
> little information on how
> to use the "match" parameter.  (info "(org) Matching tags and properties")
> does have a lot more detail
> though.

Understood - I like to give more complete information for two reasons:

1) I don't know what you have seen already, so maybe I can save an
   exchange or two on the list by being more complete - and if you
   have seen it already, no harm done.

2) Perhaps I'm fooling myself, but I like to think that somebody down
   the line is going to have the same question, and if gmane ever
   comes back :-), they might be able to search the list and find the
   information that they need without having to send an email to the
   list (or even if they do, somebody might be around who remembers
   and can do the search and reply with "See this message").

So no disparagement/offense meant at all, that is just my modus operandi.

Regards,
--
Nick