Re: [O] Bug with (comment-line)

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Bug with (comment-line)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 12:45:16 +0000

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 7:21 AM Dushyant Juneja <address@hidden> wrote:
My Org-mode version is 8.3.6 (8.3.6-7-g4d7d52-elpaplus @ /.../.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20161024/)

Looking at the commit date, it is 2016-10-15 10:31:25 (GMT)

We cannot rely on the commit and build dates for this:

The packaged org-mode is built using the maint branch: http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/log/?h=maint

This is the master/dev branch: http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/log/

So even though your org-mode version build date is 20161024, it only contains the commits from the maint branch.

Any way I can test it whether I have this commit or not?

Looks like this commit is only in the master branch.

I do not know if this commit will be backported to the maint branch.

Until then, here are few options to get the fix:

1. Clone and build org mode locally using the master branch.
2. Manually copy the fixed org-comment-or-uncomment-region from the master branch here[1], put it in your emacs config in a (with-eval-after-load 'org ..) form and fix it as and if needed to make it work with the maint branch version.

[1]: http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/lisp/org.el?id=0204b0e16f834ca54ade988257725f31eaaedbce#n23555

--

Kaushal Modi