Re: [O] Bug: Please supply stable releases on ELPA or MELPA Stable [8.3.

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Please supply stable releases on ELPA or MELPA Stable [8.3.4 (8.3.4-dist @ /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/site-lisp/org-mode/)]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 19:52:49 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> However, I think we should make more frequent bugfix releases. We may
> even automate such releases, e.g., one week after the last unreleased
> bugfix in the branch. I don't do releases however, so this may just be
> a weird idea.

We already have that, it's the Org package on GNU ELPA.  There's a new
release each monday, fully automated.

> Also, I'd rather have monotonic version tags, so 8.3.6.whatever is not
> really an option. Maybe 8.3.YYYMMDD... and we drop manual bugfix
> releases altogether.

No, the reason for versioning Org on ELPA in that way is how package.el
interprets version numbers.  You'll get a version string you can
correlate to the Git repo from org-version.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: