Re: [O] Bug: Repeated tasks not shown from org-timeline [9.0 (9.0-dist @

From: Warren Lynn
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Repeated tasks not shown from org-timeline [9.0 (9.0-dist @ c:/wlin/.emacs-lisp/org/lisp/)]
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 13:18:25 -0500

Thanks. I have been using org mode for probably over 10 years, but did not keep checking the messages.

The feature is very useful to me. Do you have any suggestion how to replicate this with an agenda view (with skipped empty days, especially)? Thanks.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Warren Lynn <address@hidden> writes:

> With a simple org file of just one entry as below:
>
> * TODO A weekly task
>   SCHEDULED: <2016-11-04 Fri +1w>
>
> If I run org-timeline, I expect to see this task show up on every
> Friday. But only one line is in the timeline, for "2016-11-04"
> only. This behavior will make user have doubts when checking a date in the
> timeline.
>
> BTW: if we change the above file into the following:
>
> * TODO A weekly task
>   SCHEDULED: <2016-11-04 Fri +1w>
> * TODO Some other task in next week.
>   SCHEDULED: <2016-11-11 Fri>
>
> Then orgline WILL show the repeat task for "2016-11-11".

Org Timeline is pretty much deprecated. Carsten pointed out its
limitations years ago already (I cannot find the references on the ML,
tho).

I suggest to stay away from this feature, which ought to be removed at
some point. You can probably obtain the same feature with an agenda view
restricted to buffer.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou