[O] org-contacts bug when completing tags in gnus

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] org-contacts bug when completing tags in gnus
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 11:23:29 +0100

Hello,

I'm giving org-contacts a try, and I'm having an error when I'm trying
to complete a tag (something should be a sequence but it's a number).
Digging a little into it, it seems that the problem is during
hilighting, where a fontified string is returned by all-completions
instead of a list (in `completion-pcm--all-completions' in minibuffer.el),
which then make `completion-hilit-commonality' fail because it expects a
list. I'm only seeing this problem with org-contacts, so I'm wondering
if it might be the reason for this problem in emacs code.

My contacts file looks like this:

* Test                                                              :test:
:PROPERTIES:
:EMAIL: address@hidden
:END:

To reproduce, save this in some path/contacts.org file, do the following

  (require 'org-contacts)
  (org-contacts-gnus-insinuate)
  (setq org-contacts-files (list "path/contacts.org"))

then start an email in gnus, in the To field write +, then hit TAB.

I'm using org-mode 9 and emacs 25.1.1. Is this a known problem with
them?

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2016-09: 401.03, 2015-09: 397.63