Re: [O] org-mode - export as folder structure possible?

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode - export as folder structure possible?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 12:03:48 +0100

Hello,

> I need to create a rather complex folder structure.
> It is OK to create that in dired but I think even nicer and faster it
> would be to create an org-mode outline which then exports this folder
> structure to the org document's directory.
>
> This could even be extended to create blank files with file extension
> within the directory - maybe communicated to the exporter with list
> items.
> Can the org-mode exporter be used or easily programmed for this kind
> of application?
>
> * Folder
> - Registry.xls
> - document.doc
>
> ** Subfolder
>
> *** Subsubfolder
> - some_document.txt
>
> ** Subfolder 2
>
> * Another folder
>
> ** another one
> - document.file_extension
> - ListB.xlsx

[...]

> Thanks in advance for any answer.

I fiddled together something which might be a start for you.

    https://gist.github.com/marcowahl/c12ed4b2df9748ad7185338394b92445

Files are identified by the 'file' tag in that example.

If you want to stay with the plain lists you should follow the direction
pointed to by Phil AFAICT.

Ciao,

        Marco