Re: [O] Release 9.0 test failed: test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-lin

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Release 9.0 test failed: test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 09:44:15 +0100

Hello,

David Talmage <address@hidden> writes:

> I built org 9.0 on my Mac today.  'make test' reported one failed test.  I
> don't know if it is important or not.  Please advise me.
>
> 'make test' said:
>
> 1 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link

Our build bot doesn't report this error and I cannot reproduce it
either. None of us is using a Mac, though.

> Test test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link condition:
>     (ert-test-failed
>      ((should
>        (let
>   (...)
> (org-test-with-temp-text "
> * Test
>   #+<point>BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :file test.txt :cache yes
>     (message \"test\")
>   #+END_SRC" ... ...)))
>       :form
>       (let
>  ((default-directory temporary-file-directory))
> (org-test-with-temp-text "
> * Test
>   #+<point>BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :file test.txt :cache yes
>     (message \"test\")
>   #+END_SRC"
>  (org-babel-execute-src-block)
>  (string= ... ...)))
>       :value nil))
>    FAILED  166/670  test-ob/indented-cached-org-bracket-link

Unfortunately, the backtrace is missing important information. It might
be enlightening to know why (string= ... ...) returns nil, i.e., what
strings are compared.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou