Re: [O] [bug] timed repeater shows up in wrong place

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] timed repeater shows up in wrong place
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 20:22:44 -0700

On 11/27/16, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> I pushed a few more fixed in plain time-stamps and deadlines. Please
> report if you find anything suspicious.

please try this:

  SCHEDULED: <2016-09-17 Sat .+2d>

emacs -Q, with a 2-day span and show-all nil.

in org 8:

  1] it shows today
  2] it shows 2x

which is perfect for my use case.

in org 9:

  1] it shows on both days
  2] it shows 72x

re 1, dunno if this was intended?

re 2, org 9 is trying to do its counting from the original timestamp
date.  i can understand the reasoning here, but do not want it for my
use case.

72x gets buried.  it's a sudden pop up then a sudden drop off.  i want
a gradual bubbling down like in org 8.  a .+30d repeater should show
today, then tomorrow it should show 2x, then the next day it should
show 3x.

org 8 is nicer for showing the fact that 2d ago you were reminded to
do it, and maybe did it but did not doneify or maybe were not able to
do it.  it bubbles down slowly.