Re: [O] fuzzy matching of parameters

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] fuzzy matching of parameters
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:01:04 -0800

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016, Matt Price wrote:

I have just done something I'm very excited about.  Given a directory name
(the variable ~assignment~ in this case) and a list of student info, search
through the directory for files whose names contain the student names, and
attach those to newly created subtrees.

Before now, manually attaching those files has been a real pain, so it's
great to have this automated! However, sometimes the name I have on file
doesn't quite match the submitted name.

A Google Scholar search on 'personal name matching' will point you to the literature on this subject.

You might get lucky and find something in a scripting language that Babel supports that you can piggyback onto.

HTH,

Chuck