Re: [O] Bug: Org Emphasis Issues (Trunk)

From: Ian Dunn
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Org Emphasis Issues (Trunk)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 21:29:23 -0500

> Hello,
>
> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Ian Dunn <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>>     I encountered these issues this morning when I updated Org from
>>>     trunk (and reloaded it with C-c C-x !). I believe it's following
>>>     commit "Split `org-emph-re' and `org-verbatim-re'". I've got 2
>>>     issues:
>>
>>>     1. Nothing longer than one character has emphasis. I find changing
>>>     the 4th element of org-emphasis-regexp-components ("body-regexp")
>>>     to ".*?" fixes this.
>>
>> I cannot replicate this particular issue. Could you provide a minimal
>> recipe for replicating?
>
> I cannot either.

    Set the last element of org-emphasis-regexp-components ("newline") to zero,
reload org, then try:

emacs -Q
;; load trunk org mode
M-: (setf (seq-elt org-emphasis-regexp-components 4) 0)
C-c C-x !

*abcd*

    On mine, that string isn't bold.

    It looks like there's some regex magic that goes on in org-set-emph-re that
doesn't happen if the last component is zero.  Part of that magic is adding
that *?.

--
Ian Dunn