Re: [O] [bug] org 9 hangs on link search

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org 9 hangs on link search
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 20:48:51 -0700

On 12/17/16, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Currently Org has no satisfactory way to handle square brackets within
> links' path or description. Percent-escaping (e.g., "%5B")is not one.

hmm.  seems links are not, or at least not yet, a complete syntactic solution.

> I suggest to use a custom ID for the time being.

i do but i don't want to clutter org with properties drawers.  i
already have a lot of ids and when org needs to search them it can
take some time.

basically i use non-id links for ephemeral tasks or to point to
ephemeral tasks.  i know i won't change the headers, but i want the
links there.

>>             ("n" "note" entry (file+headline ,todo "xyzzy-remember")
>>                  ;; unrelated issue is if i do spc bef and after ? then
>>                  ;; double space; else ret will follow link.  i make
>>                  ;; capture not follow.
>
> If you think there is another bug, please start another thread and
> provide as much information as you can.

nah, making capture not follow is sufficient.  i don't know the
optimal solution.