[O] Latex export error: There's no line here to end, with an image with

From: Takeshi Teshima
Subject: [O] Latex export error: There's no line here to end, with an image with a caption
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 17:32:44 +0900

Hi all,

A happy new year!

I have a problem with org-export-to-latex.

# What happens

## [1]

When I try to export an org-mode file **that contains a figure with a caption** with `#+OPTIONS: \n:t`, (See minimal example files)

to a pdf via latex-export, the exported latex file doesn't compile and I get the following error:

```

LaTeX Error: There's no line here to end.

```

in the `*Org PDF LaTeX Output*` buffer. Thus this is an error from the command line.

## [2]

So I go to the line of the .tex file that's specified in the error, and the line always says:

``` latex

\end{figure}\\

```

## [3]

If I remove the double backslashes by hand, and compile the generated .tex file from the command line, it produces a pdf correctly.

# My environment

I've checked this with:

[1] Org-mode version 8.3.6 (8.3.6-7-g4d7d52-elpa @ ~~~)

[2] Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ ~~~)

[3] Org-mode version 9.0.3 (9.0.3-elpa @ ~~~)

, but the same errors occur.

(I normally use version 8. I know this is an old version. However, v9 has another problem with #+TITLE: lines. See https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/issues/3246 for more details)

# Reproducing the error

## Files

Attached, please find the files for a minimum example.

- test.org

- test-2017-01-06-17-05-09.jpeg

## Procedure to reproduce:

1. Place the files in the same directory

2. $ emacs -q test.org

3. M-x org-latex-export-to-pdf

(Or instead of 2., your own emacs config will do)

# What I already found

- The caption is necessary to reproduce the error.

- The problem occurs with a single image.

- If I remove the double backslashes by hand, and compile the generated .tex file, it compiles correctly.

- The problem doesn't occur with `#+OPTIONS: \n:nil` (which is kind of trivial)

# Reference

A relevant thread can be found here:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-09/msg00002.html

but I couldn't find a solution there.

Anyone has any ideas? Any idea to bypass this problem may be a lifesaver for me.