Re: [O] Right way to add special processing to images?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Right way to add special processing to images?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:59:24 +0100

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> I have this elisp function that I run in org-export-before-processing-hook
> that coverts a pdf to png where that png file is already linked in the org
> file. Just that the png file did not exist to begin with; it is converted
> from pdf at the time of exporting. [Code is at the end of this email.]
>
> But for that you work, need to add my special keyword "convertfrompdf t"
> and I chose "#+HEADER" just before the image link to do that.

[...]

> So the question is: Is using #+HEADER for this a good idea? Would the org
> devs just a better way to do the same? I basically need to be able to
> control per image link if that linked image foo.png needs to be converted
> from a foo.pdf.

I would simply use a comment with some specific pattern instead of
messing with Org syntax.

For example, I use the following comments

  # © Author "title" licence

just before image links so as to mark them, collect them and build some
special page at the end of a slide with the information.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou