[O] Import and run tizk code in org-mode

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: [O] Import and run tizk code in org-mode
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 08:37:35 -0500

If I have an org-mode file where I want to embed a TikZ rendering at a certain place, I've found the simplest is just to throw something like this in where you want it, i.e., no latex code block necessary:

\begin{figure}
    \centering
    \newlength\figureheight
    \newlength\figurewidth
    \setlength\figureheight{6cm}
    \setlength\figurewidth{8cm}
    \input{x2vxlogx.tikz}
    %\caption{A graph}
    %\label{fig:graph}
\end{figure}

Works just fine. The whole motivation of . . .\imput{mytikzfile} being, the .tikz code can be huge (e.g., GeoGebra sometimes coughs up massive TikZ code brute-force-style), i.e., you don't want your orgmode file thousands of lines longer just for a single tikz image. But in order to have it work, I've had to change my file headers, i.e., before I had

this makes MathJax work, but the above tex code import not

versus

This makes MathJax not work, but the tex code import work. Is there anyway to get both, i.e., have my math done by MathJax and my tikz file import work too? I could leave it with #+OPTIONS: tex:imagemagick, but then my math formulae are done as little pngs, which line up poorly on the page.

If no one knows a quick answer, fine. I'm coming to believe TikZ and orgmode is just too heroic a struggle for an irregular like me. Better to simply embed ready-made pngs and call it a day.

LB