Re: [O] Syncing methods for org files and org-mobile.el

From: Anssi Saari
Subject: Re: [O] Syncing methods for org files and org-mobile.el
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:13:02 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Friday, 13 Jan 2017 at 08:50, Anssi Saari wrote:
>> When I tried MobileOrg I think I used Dropbox. But since initiating
>> manual sync from Emacs seemed mandatory I just didn't get much use out
>> of MobileOrg.
>
> But automatic sync in Emacs should be quite straightforward and is
> independent of the mobile end.  You can use a timer, for instance:

I have a few computers and they don't run all the time (let alone run
Emacs all the time) and I didn't want to setup a timer on all of
them. The need to sync for me is usually typing something in on a PC and
then having it available in my pocket. So the corner case for the timer
is that it has to trigger between me saving a file and shutting down or
hibernating or whatever on the PC which can be a pretty short time.

Between Emacsen files saved in Dropbox works fine (although I'd rather
not use Dropbox for anything) but on mobile Dropbox doesn't sync as far
as I know.