Re: [O] Emacs hangs sometimes for no reason

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs hangs sometimes for no reason
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 18:37:39 +0000

On Sunday, 15 Jan 2017 at 13:55, Stig Brautaset wrote:

[...]

> Just to say that I too experience the same. I'm convinced it started
> happening since I upgraded to Org 9 (but I also started using Org's
> Agenda more around the same time, I think). My versions:

[...]

> I can go a few days without encountering it, but then it will suddenly
> hit. I have a feeling that it's triggered by refiling, or closing
> TODOs towards the end of the file. My agenda file is big, but not

For me, it does not happen with the agenda but when editing documents
(in org).  I can find no predictability to the hangs, however.  Some
days it happens more than once but I can also go many days without it
happening.

Emacs does not get completely hung in that it attempts to respond to C-g
(visual-bell indication happens).

The cache may be involved.  I do tend to have quite long and complicated
documents (full journal papers or a whole semester's set of slides for
one of my courses) with lots of babel src blocks, tables, inline tasks,

Anyway, not a deal breaker!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.3-201-ga51c6f